The Pacific Southwest Mental Health Technology Transfer Center (MHTTC) is excited to offer state-of-the-science distance learning and intensive learning experiences serving the Pacific Southwest, or Region 9 mental health workforce. The Pacific Southwest states and Islands served include Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, American Samoa, Guam, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Northern Mariana Islands, and Palau.
During this five year, federally funded initiative, the Pacific Southwest MHTTC works with mental health service systems, organizations, and treatment practitioners to strengthen their capacity to deliver effective evidence-based practices to individuals across the full continuum of care spanning mental illness prevention, treatment, and recovery support. There is also a time-limited opportunity to support the region’s school mental health workforce. Finally, the Pacific Southwest MHTTC provides professional development opportunities and resources nationally for the mental health workforce supporting the needs youth and young adults of transition age.
The following training, technical assistance, and resourcesare available to the Pacific Southwest mental health workforce:
- MHTTC Network Website. Visit the new Pacific Southwest MHTTC Network Website. The website will be regularly updated with upcoming trainings and distance learning events, new products and resources, and announcements that are customized for our region
- Intensive Learning Experiences. Please check out the exciting current lineup of state-of-the-scienceIntensive Learning Experiences.
- Distance Learning Series. There is an array of free, upcoming webinars,including a series focused on school mental health.
- Needs Query. Please share your priorities, thoughts, and expertise through a 10 minute online query. Your answers will help inform the development of resources, trainings, and other supports.
- Evidence-based practices
- Hawaii island
- In-person training
- National suicide prevention month
- Online training
- Social work
- Suicide prevention
The Pacific Southwest MHTTC works with mental health service systems, organizations, and treatment practitioners to strengthen their capacity to deliver effective evidence-based practices to individuals across the full continuum of care spanning mental illness prevention, treatment, and recovery support.